All 5 art Reviews

Road to Oblivion alternatives Road to Oblivion alternatives

Great work

Original in photoshop or watercolor? I find the moon a little bit more serving the mood of the dark castle. It's really nice. Although I found some stains on the sun/moon of the both pictures. Was it intentional? (I'm not really good at understanding of how the light and illumination of things work so if it was intentional, my apologies).

Mufanza responds:

Thanks! It's 100% photoshop. The stains are unintentional, I didn't notice them until now C: They were probably supposed to be a part of the landscape bellow.

Big Bad Bot Big Bad Bot

He, funny

Looks like an "american footbal" player in the future :)

You Ain't Slick... You Ain't Slick...

Nice work

Really reminds me of afro samurai, so the cowboy bebop comment isnt completely off. Cowboy bebop and Samurai Champloo are from the same authors and samurai champloo is somewhat realated in atmosphere with afro samurai. Nice work, really. But seeing someones non-computer art (inlcuding coloring) is seeing true someones skill, that's why i dont think i can coment the details. It looks honed and good, maybe diffirent bracelets on the guys arms would be more interesting, but its really an insignificant detail.

wolf_remix wolf_remix

A question

For the first time I saw red ornaments on white creatures in videogame Okami. Now I see them more and more often, are such animals from some folklore ir is it Okami that inspires people?

Merlemage responds:

Hmm I'm not too sure to be honest. In highschool I watched a lot of anime and it seemed to be a fairly common thing for spirit-like animals to look that way. So it may be more Japanese folklore than anything.

Blood Red Blood Red

Good coloring

Good coloring, but her stance looks absolutley fake. Her arm with a gun is bent too much and is too close to the body. I'm not an artist myself, but i get such impression after seeing this picture.